Jumat, 19 Maret 2010

Grow with Character! (19/100) Series by Hermawan Kartajaya - Ask, and you will be given!

TRAVEL early MarkPlus Professional Service is not as smooth as I thought. In fact, my personal brand awareness is high enough to write in Java, thanks to post every Wednesday (since I was in PT Stage Electronic Industries and continued when the Sampoerna). My personal brand association also has a very "sharp", because it is always and only the writing of "angles" marketing. If calculated only roughly, three consecutive years the time that means is marketing 150 I quit writing in Java Pos.

My presence at the Rotary Club Surabaya Rungkut also help the network. That's where I started offering to speak of "free" on the companies my friends. That was hard!

They like to read my writing because it is easily digested, but do not want to spend time for the men. They are afraid that if I just nonsense. Fortunately, at that time, I have other activities. Namely, teaching in a part-time at the Faculty of Economics Ubaya with my former thesis supervisor there, Mr. Henky Supit, who is now a professor. In addition, I turn myself in Indonesia Marketing Club or IMC Branch Surabaya. Anyway, to look busy, I had to go outside the house every day!

If only the house in Jalan Taman Indah C Prapen 8, Surabaya, I am ashamed as a neighbor! Because of that, every day I have to leave the house, driving Corolla installment where aja. Visiting a friend's office to offer themselves, but did not sell! Free though.

All the people who used to respect, when I was a director of PT HM Sampoerna, like soap encountered. In fact, those who had searched me. Request for additional rations of cigarettes or ask for donations, even sponsorship. Frankly, after a month I was a bit desperate. Going through the embarrassment of cooperation, will continue the heavy taste. But, I must not look like that at home or in front of my friends.

Every night I was sad to see both my children were little, Michael and Stephanie. I'm not worried about my own, but worried about the fate of those still in school in Santa Maria. At night, several times I had tears in my eyes by accident.

But, anyway, I had to endure! How? Finally, I decided to face the Pak Putera Sampoerna. I asked Mike (call Michael, son Hermawan, Red) and I brief him on the car that I would "get jobs" to Mr. Son. That is, so he could understand "the struggle" to ask for my job. But also, to create psychological effects of Mr. Son.

We both accepted Mr. Putera Sampoerna in her study about seven o'clock. Michael is not a big look "concerned" of the atmosphere rather "tense", especially when I began to speak.

I immediately reported back that I had Toyota Crown Saloon and thanks for my debt erased. I really owe when I was working at the Sampoerna to take MSc in Marketing from the Graduate School of Business from the University of Strathclyde (by distance learning). That is, I do not have to go to England, but enough to learn from the material submitted, part tutorial in Singapore, and exams at the British Council.

I took the decision to have a diploma S-2 without leaving work. Strathclyde selected, because I see the highest rank among the other distance learning programs at that time.

If the school full time there, only four quarters or a year. If distance learning should be four semesters or two years. When I came out of Sampoerna, I have completed three semesters well.

Semester four of the most troublesome of my thesis. Communication with the supervising difficult, especially my English is not good it is to write a thesis. But okay, at least have paid my debt to pay tuition fees to be paid in advance.

Back to my story, after the second reported case was, I just ask for Mr. Son to be "pelaris". I admit it if not sold!

Within half an hour, Putera Sampoerna agreed to provide job training to former child of my own fruit in the distribution division throughout Indonesia for one year. That was my first job! A great deal! Immediately, I moved and put Mike on the way home. It was a relief, after a month can not be any jobs.

I still remember, at that time the total contract year can be as much as my two and a half times a year from my salary as a director! To be honest, this is the "flow of blood transfusion" first order MarkPlus Professional Service does not become "fat" and "plus"!

Now, with the buffer, I can live in peace at least a year. In addition, there is a chance to start looking for administrative assistants, office. and develop a network outside the city.

What lesson can I here? I sell a large training packages to my ex-boss to train ex-child of my own pieces in the right psychological situations! Also? Actually I do not sell, but ask at the right time (Pak Putera more relaxed in the afternoon) in the right psychological situations as well (there was Mike). An event that could never forget ever! (*)

1 komentar: